Last updated May 25, 2018
2. INFORMATION CHRONUS COLLECTS
2.1 Information you provide directly to Chronus when you use the Services, including:
- Contact information, including name, title, street address (home, work), postal code, country, telephone numbers (home, work, cell, etc.), email address (home, work), company name, and other similar information;
- Personal/demographic information (ie gender, level of education, etc.);
- User content, including information provided when you use online means of communication (such as chat features) and all other user submissions and content you provide; and
- Any other information collected directly from you through a transaction or inquiry, or your submission of a form, registration, or communication to Chronus.
2.2 Information automatically collected from your use of the Services.
As you use the Services, some information can be “passively” collected using various technologies, such as cookies, web beacons, and navigational data collection (clickstream, log files, server logs, etc.). Your Internet browser automatically transmits some of this information. Such technologies keep track of your interactions with the Services and provide you with a more customized experience. You can find more information about cookies and web beacons, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them at www.aboutcookies.org. Information that Chronus automatically collects using these methods includes:
- the URL of the website you just visited; and
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address and browser version currently being used by your computer.
2.3 Information collected from third party sources.
Chronus may collect information about you, including your name, job title, and contact information from various third-parties. Third-party sources may include opt-in lists, publicly available data, consumer reporting agencies or other companies. At the discretion of its customers, Chronus may also collect information about Chronus customers (and customer end-users) from customer administrators or HR systems.
3. HOW CHRONUS USES YOUR INFORMATION
Chronus uses personal data about customers for a wide range of purposes, including:
- to respond to your requests (including requests for newsletter subscriptions, materials, support, and so on);
- to provide products or services that you have ordered;
- to process your order transactions and contact you regarding your order;
- to provide materials you have requested;
- to invite and help you participate in online and offline events, and/or activities;
- to allow you to post information and other content online (including in response to other postings);
- to improve products, services, and websites;
- to follow up with you after you have communicated with Chronus or submitted information to Chronus;
- to send promotional communications or offers (unless you have requested that Chronus not send such communications);
- for marketing and research purposes;
- for internal and/or external training, quality assurance, and other purposes (including without limitation, call center recordings);
- to allow you to contact another person;
- for legal and contractual reasons;
- to address your interests and concerns;
Chronus may combine information about you that is collected from disparate sources. As permitted by applicable law, Chronus may make full use of all information that is de-identified or otherwise not in personally identifiable form, including without limitation, user-generated content.
3.2 Use of Information Captured from IP Addresses.
Chronus’ Services may use your IP address for the purposes identified above, as well as to analyze trends, administer the website, track users’ movements, gather broad demographic information for aggregate use and to confirm that a particular individual affirmed his/her consent to specific legal terms (e.g. a clickwrap license agreement).
3.3 Cookie and Web Beacon Use.
Chronus uses both session cookies (which exist only until you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which exist for a longer, specified period of time) on this website.
The type of cookies used in the Services can generally be put into three categories: Strictly Necessary, Performance/Analytics and Functionality. Strictly Necessary cookies used in the Services are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features. These cookies don’t gather information about you that could be used for marketing or remembering where you have been on the internet. Performance/Analytics Cookies used in the Services collect information about how visitors use the website. For example, these cookies collect information about which pages visitors go to the most often, and if visitors get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identify a visitor. Information collected by performance/analytics cookies is aggregated and anonymous and only used to improve the Services. Functionality cookies allow the Services to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features to you.
Chronus may use web beacons (also known as Internet tags or clear GIFs) on Chronus’ Services to access and set cookies and otherwise help Chronus to better understand how users are utilizing Chronus’ Services. Information provided by the web beacon includes the computer’s IP address, the type of browser being used, and the time that the web beacon was viewed. Chronus may also use web beacons in emails and newsletters so that Chronus knows when such communications have been opened and to otherwise help tailor Chronus’ communications to individual users.
4. DATA COLLECTION AND PROCESSING UNDER EUROPEAN DATA LAW
When Chronus customers who are subject to European data laws, use Chronus’ Services, we process and store certain information on their behalf as a data processor. In such cases, the customer, as the data controller is responsible for most aspects of the processing of the information.
Chronus normally collects or uses information from you only where Chronus has collected your consent to do so, where Chronus needs the information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in Chronus’ legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Specifically, when Chronus:
- uses information to create or manage an account, Chronus needs it in order to provide relevant services;
- uses contact information for marketing purposes, Chronus does so with your consent (which you can revoke at any time).
- gathers usage data and analyzes it to improve the Services, Chronus does so based on Chronus’ legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving the Services.
5. WHEN CHRONUS SHARES AND DISCLOSES YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 Disclosure to Affiliates and Third-Parties.
Chronus may disclose personal data you provide to Chronus’ affiliates and partners and to consultants, service providers, and contractors that Chronus uses to support business and operations (e.g., delivery services, financial institutions, fulfillment services, technical support, advertising, public relations, media and marketing services, legal services, call-in centers, e-commerce and other web-related services such as web hosting and web monitoring services, and event-related services such as online and offline data capture services) who have agreed to keep the information confidential and use it only to provide the applicable service(s).
In some cases, Chronus works with other companies who help to gather information from you or help Chronus to communicate with you.
5.2 Compelled Disclosure.
Chronus may also disclose personal data to governmental agencies and other third parties:
- If required to do so by law, regulation, or court order;
- to respond to governmental and/or law enforcement requests;
- to identify, contact, or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with Chronus’ (or others’) rights or property;
- to support any claim, defense, or declaration in a case or before any jurisdictional and/or administrative authority, arbitration, or mediation panel;
- or in connection with disciplinary actions/investigations.
5.3 Disclosure in the Event of a Sale or Assignment.
Chronus may disclose personal data to third parties in connection with the sale, assignment, or other transfer of Chronus, its business or the website to which such data applies.
6. PREFERENCES AND DATA SUBJECT RIGHTS
You can unsubscribe from all email marketing messages Chronus sends you by contacting Chronus as specified in the “Contact Chronus” section below, or by following the unsubscribe instructions in various communications that Chronus may send you. Chronus customers (including customer end-users) should contact their administrators for assistance changing their preferences.
Keep in mind that these preferences regarding promotional contacts do not mean that Chronus might not contact you for other reasons, such as those related to an order you placed, an inquiry you made, a membership you undertook, an event for which you registered, a legally required notice, and so on.
Based on your location, you may have additional rights under applicable law, such as:
- the right to access and review information associated with your use of the Services at any time. You also can request the following information: how Chronus collects and uses your information and why; the categories of personal data involved; the categories of recipients of your personal data; how Chronus received your personal data; and how long Chronus uses or stores your personal data or the manner in which Chronus determines relevant retention periods;
- the right to correct your personal data;
- the right to request that Chronus erase or stop processing your personal;
- the right to export your personal data;
- the right to raise questions or complaints with your local data protection authority at any time.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please contact us using the email address provided in the “Contact Chronus” section below.
7. SECURITY AND DATA RETENTION
Chronus follows generally accepted industry standards to protect information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction, whether in transmission or storage. In particular, information at rest is protected using AES 256 encryption and Chronus employs controlled interfaces (such as proxies, gateways, routers, firewall, and encrypted tunnels) as well as a variety of additional security controls (e.g., intrusion detection systems, data encryption). All communications within the Chronus Mentor Service are secured via a high-grade 256-bit SSL encryption.
If you have any questions about the security of the Services, you can contact Chronus via the contact information below.
Where required by applicable law, Chronus will keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, Chronus will safeguard and limit the use of information as required by applicable law.
8. TRANSFER OF DATA OUTSIDE THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA (EEA)
Chronus may process your personal data in the U.S. or any other countries in which Chronus has a presence or facilities. By using the Services, you understand and signify your acceptance that Chronus may transfer personal data from the EEA to another country outside the EEA. Chronus will comply with all applicable law relating to the transfer of personal data outside the EEA.
9. COPPA REQUIREMENTS
The Services are not directed to children and Chronus does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under 13 years of age through the sites.
10. CONTACT CHRONUS
15395 SE 30th Place, Suite 140
Bellevue WA 98007
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
15395 SE 30th Place, Suite 140
Bellevue WA 98007
Or email email@example.com